Following the relaxation of Government restrictions in July we have reviewed our Covid measures and the purpose of this message is to set out how we and Crookes Social Club will now be working to keep you safe and to explain what we need you to do.
In essence, and in common with other live arts venues, we are adopting a cautious approach and we intend to relax our measures gradually in the light of experience so as to continue to protect our audience and artists and to avoid having to reverse steps if the situation deteriorates.
The key changes we are making are:
• The bar will be reopening and there will be no longer be table service (which was not an economic proposition for the Club)
• While our volunteers will continue to wear face coverings except when behind a screen or sitting down, and we encourage audience members to do likewise when moving around the hall, this is no longer a requirement
• For the time being we are continuing to restrict the capacity of the hall and to use reserved seating, so we encourage everyone to continue to book seats online in advance, both in order to secure the seat(s) of their choice and avoid missing out, and to make life easier and safer for our Door Team. However it will now be possible to pay for entry at the door (preferably by contactless payment) if seats are available.
• Those who buy tickets on the door and therefore have not given contact details online will be requested to use the NHS app or provide details manually in order to assist Track and Trace
• Although recent expert advice has confirmed that the ventilation system at Crookes is very effective, we shall be using a CO2 monitor to confirm that the ventilation level is satisfactory during gigs.
This is what we need you to do:
• Please do not enter if you have or may have Covid-type symptoms or have recently been in contact with someone who has. Full refunds (or exchange of ticket for another gig) are available right up to the time of the gig if you catch Covid-19.
• When you arrive at the Club please queue in a socially distanced way and comply with guidance by the Sheffield Jazz team.
• The Sheffield Jazz team will check you in (N.B. they just need your name and ticket reference code to do this, no need for you to print off the ticket) and show you your designated seat. There will also be a seating plan available at the entrance.
• Please use the sanitisers provided and please also wear a face covering if you need to move around the hall and minimise movement as much as possible. It is of course OK to remove your mask when you are seated having a drink.
• Please comply with social distancing (minimum of 1 metre and 2 metres if possible) at all times.
• Out of respect to the band and to minimise movement within the room please do not move around the club to take photographs or videos during the gig. Fine from your own seat, but without using flash please. Do please clap loudly but do not to raise your voice or shout or dance, (however good the music might be!)
• At the end of the gig, we ask you to leave calmly via the rear entrance or the fire door exit on the left side of the hall.
Social-distancing measures mean that our audience capacity is much less than usual. This obviously impacts on our box office income and, for the time being, we will not be holding a raffle, so if you feel able to make a donation on top of your next ticket purchase, or not to seek a refund if you are unable to attend, you will be helping us to ensure we can continue to support our musicians in this most challenging of times. Please also be patient with us: this is a new challenge for us and we shall be learning and adapting our arrangements as we go, in the light of experience.
Thank you for your help.
To see the updated risk assessment on which this is based please go to: SJ Covid19 risk assessment 150821