Sheffield Jazz is planning to return to live jazz in Spring 21 subject of course to the regulations and restrictions in force at the time. We will however be keeping a close eye on shifts in Government policy and local lockdowns and will adapt this plan as necessary and in the light of experience in operating gigs in this new context. For example, in line with Government rules people from different households must sit separately. You will need to book in advance, which is very straightforward.
We are very much looking forward to welcoming our audience back to hear live music again. We believe we are taking all reasonable measures to reduce the risk of infection and we hope that audience members will support us and the musicians (who are desperate to play again to live audiences) by coming along to as many gigs as possible.
Although the Crucible Studio remains closed, the large size of the Crookes Social Club hall does enable social distancing to be achieved. The main elements of the plan (which is based on the detailed risk assessment which you can see via the download link below) are:
- a strict audience size limit (100 maximum)
- entry by advance booking only (tickets are available at: www.ticketsource.co.uk/sheffield-jazz ), and to specified seats/tables (to simplify entry arrangements and support Track and Trace)
- people will be told not to enter if they have or may have Covid-type symptoms or have recently been in contact with someone who has, and they will be encouraged to use the hand sanitisers regularly
- audience members are expected to wear face coverings on arrival, departure and when moving around the hall
- all seating will be at tables and the audience will be seated as individuals or groups from the same household or support bubble
- In line with latest Government rules people from different households must sit separately. Where people want to be seated together, one person should book for the entire party
- When booking, please help us to both achieve social distancing and to make the best use of the available space. To that end, please use the single seats only for individual bookings and if you are booking for 3 people, please book a pair of seats and the nearest seat at a neighbouring table. We shall then reserve the right to clear that second table for a 2 and to seat 3 people at the first table if the total audience looks likely to reach capacity. If in doubt about any of this please ring Paul Thomas on 07979 526 888
- service of drinks to tables (no bar service) and doors opening earlier at 19.15 to facilitate drinks service in time for a prompt start at 20.00
- separate entrance and exit, managed queuing, and wide corridors
- ready access to sanitisers and enhanced washing facilities
- modified heating and ventilation arrangements
Click here to download our Risk Assessment.