Sheffield Jazz is planning to return to live jazz in June 21. We will however be keeping a close eye on shifts in Government policy and will adapt this plan as necessary and in the light of experience in operating gigs in this new context.
We are very much looking forward to welcoming our audience back to hear live music again. We believe we are taking all reasonable measures to minimise the risk of infection and we hope that audience members will support us and the musicians (who are desperate to play again to live audiences) by coming along to as many gigs as possible.
The main elements of our plan (which is based on the detailed risk assessment which you can see via the download link below) are:
- a strict, and reduced, audience size limit;
- entry by advance booking only (tickets are available at www.ticketsource.co.uk/sheffield-jazz) and to specified seats/tables (to simplify entry arrangements and support Track and Trace);
- audience members will be told not to enter if they have or may have Covid-type symptoms or have recently been in contact with someone who has, and they will be encouraged to use the hand sanitisers regularly;
- audience members are expected to wear face coverings on arrival, departure and when moving around the hall;
- all seating will be at tables;
- groups of up to 6 people or two households may sit together (if necessary by booking adjacent tables and pulling these together) but larger groups must sit separately. Where people want to be seated together, one person should book for the entire party;
- when booking, please help us to both achieve social distancing and to make the best use of the available space. To that end, please use the single seats only for individual bookings. If in doubt about seating arrangements please ring Paul Thomas on 07979 526888;
- there will be no bar service but service of drinks to tables will be available;
- doors opening earlier at 19.15 to facilitate drinks service in time for a prompt start at 20.00;
- separate entrance and exit, managed queuing, and wide corridors;
- ready access to sanitisers and enhanced washing facilities;
- modified heating and ventilation arrangements.
Click here to download our Risk Assessment